Savory Herb Mashed Potatoes
1. 3-4 Red Potatoes (enough for two people)
2. 1 Shallot (optional)
3. 2 cloves of minced garlic
4. 3-4 tbs heavy cream
5. 3-4 tbs cream cheese
6. 3 green onions diced (green and whites)
7. 1 tsp Fresh Herbs Minced (Rosemary,Thyme)
8. Kosher Salt, Cayenne and Black Pepper to taste
1. Clean potatoes and cube into large equal pieces so that they cook together. I keep the skins on.
2. Bring pot of water with 2-3 pinches of salt to a boil and add potatoes. Cook until fork tender.
3. When done empty and drain into colander.
4. Dice Shallot and add to heated pot the potatoes were in and soften with a pinch of salt and a tbs of butter.
5. Add potatoes back into the pot with the shallots with heavy cream and cream cheese.
6. Mix to your desired consistency (add more cream if too dry) and add your herbs.
Super easy “base” mashed potato recipe that can be altered with various cheeses, vegetables and spices. The cream cheese, real butter and heavy cream set it apart. If you wanted to remove some calories you could dial back those three items and replace with skim milk or even greek yogurt (tangy).